photo pic1_zpsh9wldpcm.jpg  photo Pic2_zpsmb5oj8ze.jpg  photo pic3.png_zpse4ae7hxh.jpeg  photo pic4_zpsbcbmhoga.jpg

Thursday, May 26, 2016

m o m day the Joshua Tree way

So I'm weird... But I feel like the name "mom" is overused.  I mean, grandparents can pick unique names, aunts and uncle's get to choose what they want to be called, but I have to be mom. Mom. Maahhhm (said in Stewie voice).  Anyways, my husband knows this and also knows I don't want a typical "Mothers Day".  Yes, flowers are nice - but a road trip is going to get him all the brownie points he needs! :-)
We headed out to Joshua National Park.  Now mind you, I google mapped it, only 3 1/2 hours away.  That's like a hop, skip and a jump!  Pulling up we see some beautiful Joshua Trees -- and by Joshua Trees, I mean, girls. We saw beautiful girls. No Joshua Trees. At the visitor center, we overheard the ranger explaining to the beautiful girls that it was a good hour drive yet until we would actually see a Joshua Tree.  Hmmm, good thing we like seeing the sights!
We made it in time for a couple awesome hikes making for a magical day indeed.  We also got to check out some of the town, which of course, was all named after Joshua himself ;-)

Weekend at Joshua Tree from Expression Studios on Vimeo.
Mother's Day my way... breakfast in a hotel! Always good memories :-)
Remy (Dada) spoiled me :-)
Hiking some beautiful Cali Mountains was the very best!

A moment straight out of a fairy tale... but instead of wishing for my dreams I'll just live them. Thankful for this night, thankful for this moment ✧ ✧
Stay blessed!  Come find us on Instagram ! Happy Week!

3 comments:

  1. I've never thought about the Mom name before, but laughed out loud at the Stewie reference!! I'm glad you had such a magical Mother's Day!! I still can't get over your star pictures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding an at home business for moms to be able to do and fit around the family may seem like an impossible dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it doesn't matter if your man is a sports fan, gardener, or musician you'll be guaranteed to find a gift for him

    ReplyDelete