photo pic1_zpsh9wldpcm.jpg  photo Pic2_zpsmb5oj8ze.jpg  photo pic3.png_zpse4ae7hxh.jpeg  photo pic4_zpsbcbmhoga.jpg

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Downton Abbey... "I'm a woman... I can be as contrary as I choose!"

The day in history that will go down as "Spoil Carrie Day..."
This day started with the dark realization that this dream visit may not happen due to many unforeseen issues... One of those being the tickets were sold out. 
My love took a chance and we made our way to see what we could find at the gate...
A black taxi with a classy old English man that smoked and wore a flat cap drove us from the train station to Highclere Castle.. As we pulled up I held back a squeal so as to not startle our English friend.
Before we knew it, we had tickets in our hands and we were strolling up to the castle... Oh dear it seems I have swallowed a dictionary...
Welcome to Downton Abbey!
K.. so I couldn't hold in my excitement very well...
I told myself I wasn't going to be a crazy fan... but lets face it... I am one.
Name that actress (my favorite):
The staircase... I felt like Lady Mary walking down the day of her wedding.... Then I realized I was wearing flip flops...
I was surprised by how much of the show is actually filmed inside the castle. Mary's room and the servant's quarters are filmed offsite... which was disappointing but completely understandable.
Remember this scene from season 2?
Remember this scene from all of the seasons?
"What's for Tea Ms. P?"

16 comments:

  1. Carrie, Carrie, Carrie! You lucky girl! I cannot get over what a doll you are. I love this post. I love Downton. When you get home you need to watch The Paradise. It's a very good also. It's either on the BBC or i tv which is the BBC's competitor. I wish I was with you!!! To more great times! Cheers!

    Shauna xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shauna thank-you for the suggestion! Wasn't sure what I was going to do till season 4 came out- and that's a long ways away! You are too kind!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Ahhh! Amazing!!! Love that show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. agggggggg so very cool! hope your trip is going good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AGH THIS IS SOOO AMAZING!!! i am so jealous!! i would love to visit downton abbey's castle one day. gorgeous pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting. Congrats. I haven't actually watched Downtown Abbey yet but have heard so many wonderful things. The building is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I've actually never seen Downtown Abbey but I've heard SO much about it. I'll have to watch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, stop it!! I'm dying of jealousy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my goshhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! This is so incredible. I don't think I would ever leave. I'm obsessed with this show. Love the picture of you on the staircase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, gorgeous photos! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! very nice blog :)

    follow?
    fashionlikealife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. um, this is incredible. i LOVE DA!! you are darling.
    thanks for the blog comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOSH!! I need to see this in person!! I'm going to London in less than a month, and you're getting me all excited to get up and go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! You totally should go! It's in Newbury outside of London- zone 6! Have fun!

      Delete