photo pic1_zpsh9wldpcm.jpg  photo Pic2_zpsmb5oj8ze.jpg  photo pic3.png_zpse4ae7hxh.jpeg  photo pic4_zpsbcbmhoga.jpg

Saturday, May 4, 2013

"We may have bad weather in Ireland, but the sun shines in the hearts of the people and that keeps us all warm." -Marianne Williamson

What a fun whirlwind of a trip so far! We have been loving every part but I have to some how wrap Ireland into one post.. here it goes (warning may be a bit long).

Our first day we were clueless but loved navigating our way around. I wouldn't have been able to do any of it with out my travel love! 


We rented a little car and were off day one.  We headed to the town of Trim and found a castle and ruins.... This was the first we had seen so we were like a little kid at Disney world!  We also realized we were walking over the oldest bridge in Ireland at one point...  

Down town Dublin::::
We went to the oldest pub in Ireland!
(Story about that place during our dinner there... I happen to save this 1,000 year old pub by blowing out a flame that was about to fall on the wooden mantel- J cheered.. no one else noticed.. this happened.)

Our hostel in Dublin, Ireland was a snazzy one. I loved all the brick and wood... just my style!

So much history is around Ireland .. Look to the left there is a subway then look to the right and a cathedral or a castle- it's crazy!
Had to jump the moat...
We then headed to the other side of Ireland to Galway...
Our B&B and cute car:::
The Cliff's of Moher:::
If this is earth... can you imagine how amazing Heaven will be?
During our trip we got lost... all the time... and there was sheep there to look at... all the time!
J caught me calling the sheep^^^ "here little sheepy sheep!"
We also went to 'Clonmacnoise' which is ruins from the 6th century. So much history is here (click here if you are interested in reading about it)... Walking around naturally makes you silent as you sense how important this place was.
I might share more another time but for now this is a good start. Ireland was breath taking.. now onto a new adventure in London...

If you want to follow our trip we are trying to update a lot on our facebook page if you want to click here and like it! 
CHEERS!

10 comments:

  1. Stunning photos!!! And the first photo is too sweet :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Carrie, this is very exciting. I've been to Europe but not Ireland. My maiden name is O'Rourke so I'm a tad bit Irish. :) This is a breathtaking country for sure. I rejoice in your blessings with you to be able to do this trip. So wonderful.

    My husband loved London the most out of everywhere we went and we toured so many countries in 2007. He wants to move there. It'll be curious to see what you think. I loved it but my favorite was Switzerland.

    Carrie, you are a beautiful woman inside and out. Take great care and thinking of you.

    Sbauna xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos. Looks like you two had such a lovely life. I love the 2nd top picture of the bridge. Looks like such a cool place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing trip!!!! so glad you had a wonderful time. the first picture is amazing - magazine worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome trip!! Absolutely love that first photo!!

    -Tiffany
    www.stylesidebar.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are breathtaking! Cannot get over the sky!

    And I would have been calling the "sheepys" over too. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I stayed in that same hostel when I went to Ireland last year and ate at that pub. I didn't save it from burning down tho - nice work! Glad you enjoyed your time in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete